If you’re an amateur who’s never rowed before, or you’ve taken part in other ocean rowing races, young, old, male, female, based in the UK or abroad, we want you to come on board to be part of a race winning team.
Atlantic Tempest is a fours team in the 2016 Talisker Atlantic Challenge – a race to row the Atlantic from La Gomera in the Canary Islands to Antigua.
The team will be the first to broadcast live, 24/7 as they row and through ‘text to donate’ fundraising the team will aim to raise £1million for three charities, Barnado’s, The Sussex Beacon and Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Appeal.
Nick McCulloch, Team Director, said: “I'm thrilled we are now recruiting for crew to join the team for the 2016 race. We welcome applicants of all ability and backgrounds from which we will undoubtedly create an unbeatable team”
The race is a test of mental and physical endurance and you will burn over 10,000 calories every day for around two months in a boat measuring just 9m long and 1.6m wide.
Joining the team is not for the faint hearted and will require determination, enthusiasm and dedication.
In addition each recruit will be required to:
- Build to a required level of physical fitness and strength against an agreed plan
- Attend a week long residential sea survival, first aid at sea and RYA course (if not already held)
- Attend weekend training days on the south coast from February 2016
- Attend Atlantic Tempest Events throughout 2016
- Raise an agreed level of personal or commercial sponsorship
- Be able to have three months free from 1st December 2016 for the race
If you want to apply you will need to submit:
1) A copy of your recent CV
2) Submission of the Application Form (available for download from our website)
3) A short video recording of yourself explaining who you are, why you want to join us and what you can bring to the team. A phone or webcam video is fine.
The closing date for applications is Saturday 5th November 2015.
Please visit www.atlantic-tempest.com/recruit where you will find details of how to submit your application.