Forget the Oscars, it is time to start nominating for the award ceremony that we have all been waiting for - could you be the next winner of the Tabler of the Year award at this year’s National AGM in Stratford-upon-Avon?
At the 2016 National AGM, in the beautiful city of Cardiff, we saw Martin Lines graciously receive the Tabler of the year award. Martin said: “It gave me immense pride to even be nominated by my fellow members for an award and to see my name along with so many amazing members who have put so much into Round Table. As to winning the TOTY award, words cannot explain the surprise and amazement I had. The congratulations I received from so many people totally blew me away.”
Last year also saw the introduction of the Area Chairman of the Year Award, won by Darren Barker of Area 6 (Founders Area). Darren was honoured: “To even be nominated was so overwhelming. To see the great company I was amongst and to see what my fellow Area Chairmen had achieved, we all deserved the new award. Winning the award was something I never imagined I would achieve. It tops off what a great year we had in Founders Area 6 and everyone in our Area deserves a slice of this award. I am very humbled!” To find out all the winners from 2016 click here.
As many of you will know, following the National Council Meeting in January 2017, National President Mark House announced the creation of a new award for the Year; the Honorary Member of the Year. The first winner of this new prestigious award will receive a RTBI Special Recognition pin badge and a certificate noting their achievement.
We will also be introducing an award to the Regional Representative of the Year. The Regional Reps, chaired by Malc Coton, represent the views of Tables in their Area and sit on the National Council with The National Board. It is the Reps that cast the votes on policies presented to the National Council and help to shape the future of Round Table. This award, chosen and presented by the National Secretary, will recognise the Regional Representative who has made the greatest contribution over the Table Year.
Even more Trophies and Certificates will be presented including the Membership Award and the Programme Award. The Programme Award, which will replace the Area 10 pin Bowling Trophy, will recognise the most innovative event that attracts the most media, attention in the Table year, or is the funniest of the year.
The Vaughan Harris Trophy will also be presented by the 41 Club President at the 2017 AGM. The recipient of the award will be selected by Jill Harris, Treasurer of Tangent. Jill is also the widow of the late Vaughan Harris; a larger than life character who was the only person to hold the President post of both Round Table and 41 Club, which he had dedicated so much of his life to.
Could you be a winner?
The Table awards provide a great opportunity to recognise those Tablers who have gone above and beyond in this year of Table. The nomination awards in 2017 are:
- Tabler of the Year: Is there an individual that has stood out for their contributions to Round Table this year and who deserves to be recognised for their outstanding efforts? Nominate now for the Tabler of the Year.
- Community Service Award: Have you made a significant impact on your community? Is there a project you are proud of that has made a difference to the lives of others? Don't be bashful!
- Media: Have you hit the headlines this year? Have you trended on social media? Have you produced PR with impact that has raised awareness of Round Table? Nominate now.
- International: Get your hands on the cherished Danish Axe. Presented to RTBI by Denmark RT, the second Association to be chartered, recognition of the start of International Tabling. The Danish Axe is awarded to the Tabler/Table/ Area that has done the most to further International Tabling.
- The Programme Award: This prestigious award replaces the Area 10 pin Bowling Trophy, recognising the most innovative Table event of the year. Nominate the event that you think went above and beyond in this Table year.
- The Vaughan Harris Trophy: This award recognises the contribution of a Table or Tabler who has done the most to build strong relationships between Round Table and 41 club.
- Area Chairman of the Year: Does your Area Chairman pull out all the stops when it comes to Round Table? Always there to help with any problems and answer everything on Round Table? Nominate them now for the Area Chairman of the Year.
- Honorary Member of the Year: Do you know an Honorary Member who has gone above and beyond to help grow your Round Table or perhaps was vital to the success of a recent event? Nominate them for this years' new award.
Think you know a Tabler who deserves an accolade for their Tabling activities this year?
Email [email protected] with the Tablers name, Round Table name, which award they are nominated for and why you think they deserve to win at this year’s AGM.
Entries close 31st March 2017, so get submitting your nominees!